November 2025: what do 73-day marketing periods mean for Manila detached homes?

Either these homes are simply taking longer because of their individual features, or the segment is beginning to soften. Neither explanation feels convincing from marketing time alone. My Manila sample covers detached properties asking between PHP 61,250,000 and PHP 91,870,000, with a current period on the market of about 73 days as of November 2025.

I had wondered whether rental regulation was influencing buyers, but the group is small and property condition may be a stronger factor. Would comparing recent completed sales, withdrawal rates and the timing of price cuts be enough to distinguish a broader change from a few difficult listings?
 
On its own, 73 days sounds insufficient to call a market change. I’d first compare recent completed sales with current asking prices, then count listings that were withdrawn rather than sold. A stable advertised inventory can hide weak demand if sellers keep leaving the market.
 
Before treating the 73-day figure as representative, I would split the homes by neighbourhood and condition. That gives you a workable compromise between discarding the sample and drawing a Manila-wide conclusion from it. A renovated detached home and one requiring major work can sit in the same price range while facing very different demand.

Then compare each smaller group with recent completed sales and record when reductions begin. If the pattern disappears after that sorting, the original average was probably being driven by the property mix rather than a general shift.
 
I’m also not convinced rental regulation is the main explanation here. It could matter to buyers weighing rental income, but detached homes in this bracket may be affected more directly by seller motivation and buyer financing. If price cuts tend to start around the same point in the marketing period, that would be more revealing than the 73-day figure alone.
 
A useful next step would be a simple listing-by-listing log: first-list date, neighbourhood, condition, original and current asking price, date of any reduction, and whether the property sold, remained available, or was withdrawn. Also note new-listing volume each month. That should show whether 73 days reflects broad softening or just a few stubborn listings.
 
That’s fair. I haven’t yet separated completed sales from withdrawn stock, so I won’t treat 73 days as evidence of a turn. I’ll tighten the neighbourhood groupings and add condition, financing relevance, price-cut timing, new listings, and seller motivation where it can be inferred from listing changes. The rental-regulation idea can remain a secondary question until the sales and withdrawal pattern is clearer.
 
Back
Top