October 2025: Mexico City new-build flats, 25-day marketing period and energy labels

mara_repairs

First-time buyer
Maybe this is seasonal, although agents are giving me different explanations. In October 2025 I tracked a narrow group of Mexico City new-build flats priced from MX$15,620,000 to MX$23,440,000. Their current marketing period is roughly 25 days.

Financing costs seem more important than the monthly market headline. Should I read this as ordinary variation between properties, or an early change in this part of Mexico City? I’m also wondering whether energy-label information is worth separating in the comparison.
 
I would start with ordinary property-level variation. Twenty-five days alone says little unless you can compare it with recent completed sales in the same tightly drawn neighbourhoods. Asking prices may sit in one range while layout, condition, exact location and seller motivation differ considerably. Do you know whether buyers in your group are mainly expected to finance or pay without financing?
 
Also look at what happened to listings that disappeared. A flat recorded as leaving the market might have sold, been withdrawn or returned under a new listing. New-listing volume matters too: a short marketing period looks different when supply is rising than when very little comparable stock is appearing.
 
I’m not sure I’d dismiss 25 days so quickly. It could be an early signal if several sellers are cutting prices around the same time or if financing-sensitive buyers have stepped back. But “current marketing period” needs defining: is 25 days for active listings, listings that vanished, or confirmed transactions? Those are three different measures.
 
That distinction is fair. Confirmed completed sales would carry more weight than portal disappearance, while active listings only show how long sellers have waited so far. On the energy-label point, I would record whether the information is present, but not treat it as an explanation unless the flats can be compared consistently. Missing label information could otherwise be mistaken for poor performance.
 
A simple weekly table would make the pattern clearer: first-seen date, original and current price, neighbourhood boundary, condition, label information, withdrawal or relisting, and any financing terms mentioned in the marketing. Then note when price cuts occur rather than just whether they occur. After several updates, you can see whether the 25-day figure reflects fast sales, rotating stock or sellers testing ambitious prices.
 
For now, ordinary variation is the safer reading and an early shift is the hypothesis to test. I’d split the MX$15,620,000–MX$23,440,000 group into genuinely comparable micro-locations, then compare active stock with recent completed sales and withdrawals. If financing-exposed listings linger or cut prices while otherwise similar flats do not, that would support the financing explanation more than a citywide monthly number.
 
Back
Top