October 2025 notes from Jakarta: mixed-use buildings — am I overthinking this? (2 bed)

sasha.archer

Homeowner
Before drawing conclusions from the October 2025 figures, I need to decide whether I am seeing a market change or simply differences between a few Jakarta buildings. I’m following two-bedroom units in a tightly defined group of mixed-use properties, with asking prices from IDR 2,999,000,000 to IDR 4,499,000,000 and a current marketing period of about 102 days.

Condition and maintenance history appear to account for more of the pricing spread than the monthly headline data. That makes a citywide average feel too broad, but narrowing the area too far could leave too few genuine comparisons.

My instinct is to start with completed transactions for similar units, then check whether fresh supply is accumulating or listings are disappearing without a sale. Price reductions may help show seller pressure, although financing difficulties and individual motivation could also extend the 102-day period. What combination of evidence would persuade you that this is a segment-level shift rather than ordinary building-by-building variation?
 
Back
Top