Offer accepted, and now I am questioning everything - am I overthinking this (vacancy)

€170,200 is the figure driving my nerves now that our offer has been accepted on a one-bedroom villa in Paris. We spent months searching, yet I am suddenly focusing on the commute, dated interior and what the mortgage will feel like each month rather than on why we made the offer.

The inspections and other checks have not been completed, so there is no adverse finding at this point. What facts would make you reconsider rather than put this down to normal first-purchase anxiety? I want to calculate the cash left after moving, the first mortgage payment, service charges, insurance excess and urgent repairs, then see whether the emergency fund still looks adequate.
 
The useful distinction is whether the doubts are emotional or whether the numbers have changed. Before proceeding, write out the cash remaining after purchase costs, moving and essential repairs—not cosmetic updates or furniture you can delay. Then stress-test the monthly budget with any service charges and insurance included.

What would your emergency fund look like after completion, and are the dated rooms merely unattractive or did anything concerning appear during the inspection? If the commute was acceptable before the offer and the figures still leave breathing room, this may be normal panic. If completing wipes out your reserve, I would treat that as a real warning rather than overthinking.
 
Back
Top