Offer accepted, and now I am questioning everything — property tax and other costs

The surprising part was not having our offer accepted, but seeing how little cash would remain after the purchase. We agreed €966,000 for a 1-bed serviced apartment in Berlin, and that calculation has made every concern about the commute, dated interior and ongoing charges feel more serious.

I am rebuilding the budget to include property tax, service charges, the insurance excess, moving expenses, furniture, urgent work and the first mortgage payment. The inspection could change the picture again, so we also need a minimum emergency fund that cannot be used to complete the move.

For those who had doubts at this stage, what was the decisive test? I am looking for a practical line between ordinary nerves and a budget that is genuinely too tight. With a serviced apartment, I would also like to know which recurring costs or inspection findings led people to proceed, seek a lower price or withdraw.
 
Back
Top