earnest_plan
First-time buyer
The surprising part came after our NZ$2,186,000 offer on a 3-bed Auckland duplex was accepted: the anxiety increased rather than eased. We had already weighed the commute and dated rooms, but the first mortgage payment now feels much more real.
The usual checks are still in progress and there is no new problem. I am trying to decide whether this is normal first-buyer shock or evidence that we have stretched. Before going further, we plan to put the first few months on one page: mortgage, moving costs, immediate repairs, insurance excess, possible service charges and the cash left afterward.
What documents or figures helped others distinguish nerves from an affordability warning? I would rather test the downside properly than receive general reassurance.
The usual checks are still in progress and there is no new problem. I am trying to decide whether this is normal first-buyer shock or evidence that we have stretched. Before going further, we plan to put the first few months on one page: mortgage, moving costs, immediate repairs, insurance excess, possible service charges and the cash left afterward.
What documents or figures helped others distinguish nerves from an affordability warning? I would rather test the downside properly than receive general reassurance.