Offering 10% below asking on a detached home in Hong Kong — sensible or too aggressive?

gia_wren

Homeowner
The detail that changed my view is the 21-day marketing period. I had been leaning toward opening 10% below the HK$1,560,000 asking price for this detached home, but that may be early enough for the seller to reject the approach rather than counter it.

The property requires updating, and the nearby advertised figures do not show where comparable homes are actually completing. My financing is straightforward and I can adjust the completion date, so I would emphasise those points and support the price with any relevant completed sales and itemised repair estimates. Would a short but reasonable response window help, or merely add pressure when the owner’s motivation is unknown?

I’m also weighing a lower price against asking for repair credits. I would keep inspection protection either way and do not want the appraisal gap or deposit exposure to become disproportionate. Is a clean 10% reduction with evidence more persuasive than dividing the same concern between price and credits?
 
Back
Top