Offering 10% below asking on a mixed-use building in Doha

GroundedPage

Homeowner
Established
I’d like to make a credible offer without paying for risks I cannot verify, but there is very little completed-sales evidence. The four-bed mixed-use building in Doha is listed at QAR 837,200, has been available for 65 days and needs updating; nearby listings are priced similarly.

My inclination is to start 10% lower, support the offer with proof of finance and let the seller choose some flexibility on completion. Does that strike the right balance, or would the discount undermine the stronger terms? I can walk away, and I would retain protection for inspection, valuation and financing. I also want any deposit exposure clearly limited until those points are settled, with defects handled through a credit if appropriate.
 
Ten percent below is defensible as an opening, especially when completed comparables are unclear, but present it as a risk-based figure rather than a criticism of the building. Attach financing proof, mention the updating costs, and give a clear but reasonable response deadline.

Before offering, ask why it has sat for 65 days and whether the seller values price or timing more. I would keep financing, inspection and satisfactory valuation contingencies. If defects emerge, seek a repair credit rather than arguing over every item now, and make sure the deposit terms do not expose you before those conditions are resolved.
 
Back
Top