Offering 10% below asking on a Warsaw apartment

anchor.honest

Real estate agent
Established
The seller is asking PLN 3,377,000, and I can see why they may resist a sizeable reduction. I am nevertheless hesitant to rely on nearby listings when there are too few completed transactions to show what buyers have actually paid. The apartment has been on the market for 50 days and requires modernisation.

I am considering an initial offer 10% under the asking price, supported by financing evidence and a completion timetable that can suit the seller. I would keep the explanation brief and condition-based. Is a short response deadline sensible, or would it only make the offer look less serious?

I also need clarity on service charges, planned building work and the seller’s reason for moving. I do not want to weaken inspection, appraisal or financing terms, or leave the deposit exposed if the valuation comes in low.
 
Ten per cent is not automatically antagonistic if the offer is clean and calmly presented. Give the price, financing proof, preferred timetable and a short but reasonable response deadline. Don’t overstate the comparable evidence when you only have asking prices.

I would keep inspection and document checks, then request a repair credit only if something material appears. Also ask about the seller’s motivation, current service charges and planned works before deciding whether your opening number is also your maximum.
 
I’d add one caveat to Maya’s view: 50 days alone does not show that the seller is ready to accept PLN 3,039,300. They may simply wait or counter, so only open there if you are comfortable losing the apartment.

Do not casually promise to cover an appraisal gap. Set a firm maximum contribution, keep financing protection, and have the deposit terms checked for exactly when it becomes non-refundable. A concise rationale is enough; a long list of faults can make an otherwise workable offer feel hostile.
 
Back
Top