Ninety days on the market is noticeable, but it does not tell me what this Boston condo will actually sell for. My specific concern is making a low offer without enough completed sales to support it.
The asking price is $315,000 and the unit needs updating. I’m considering an opening offer 12% lower, with financing evidence and flexibility over the closing date. I would explain the number through condition and comparable sales rather than present it as an arbitrary percentage.
Would you include the visible work in the first offer and reserve later credits for issues uncovered by inspection? I want to retain inspection, financing and appraisal protection, particularly while the possible appraisal gap is unknown. I also need to choose a response deadline that is firm without creating unnecessary friction.
The asking price is $315,000 and the unit needs updating. I’m considering an opening offer 12% lower, with financing evidence and flexibility over the closing date. I would explain the number through condition and comparable sales rather than present it as an arbitrary percentage.
Would you include the visible work in the first offer and reserve later credits for issues uncovered by inspection? I want to retain inspection, financing and appraisal protection, particularly while the possible appraisal gap is unknown. I also need to choose a response deadline that is firm without creating unnecessary friction.