The 82 days on the market first looked like the strongest reason to negotiate. On reflection, it tells me very little without completed sales showing whether S$1,869,000 is realistic for this apartment.
We are considering an offer of roughly S$1.645m, about 12% lower. My preference is to explain it briefly through the limited sales evidence, the updating required and our flexibility on completion, then allow the seller to counter instead of arguing from weak comparables.
The response is supposedly needed tonight, so I am checking whether that timing actually comes from the seller. I also want to keep the inspection, financing, valuation and deposit protections. A low appraisal could turn an attractive price into a much larger cash requirement, which would materially change the decision.
We are considering an offer of roughly S$1.645m, about 12% lower. My preference is to explain it briefly through the limited sales evidence, the updating required and our flexibility on completion, then allow the seller to counter instead of arguing from weak comparables.
The response is supposedly needed tonight, so I am checking whether that timing actually comes from the seller. I also want to keep the inspection, financing, valuation and deposit protections. A low appraisal could turn an attractive price into a much larger cash requirement, which would materially change the decision.