Thirteen percent below $1,260,000 is a meaningful opening position, but 112 days on the market gives it some context. The Chicago studio needs updating, while nearby listings support the seller’s ask more clearly than the limited completed-sale evidence does.
I can provide strong financing proof and accommodate the seller on closing timing. Would you submit the lower figure with a short explanation based on condition, marketing time and the best completed comparables, or reduce the discount until better evidence is available?
My decision rule is to stay flexible on reversible points such as timing and minor cosmetic items, but retain protection against losses I cannot comfortably absorb. That means keeping inspection, financing and appraisal safeguards unless the numbers show I could cover the relevant shortfall and deposit risk. How long would you leave the offer open, and would you state in advance that any repair-credit request will be limited to major defects?
I can provide strong financing proof and accommodate the seller on closing timing. Would you submit the lower figure with a short explanation based on condition, marketing time and the best completed comparables, or reduce the discount until better evidence is available?
My decision rule is to stay flexible on reversible points such as timing and minor cosmetic items, but retain protection against losses I cannot comfortably absorb. That means keeping inspection, financing and appraisal safeguards unless the numbers show I could cover the relevant shortfall and deposit risk. How long would you leave the offer open, and would you state in advance that any repair-credit request will be limited to major defects?