I need to decide whether to put an offer in, and the trade-off is between testing the seller seriously and starting so low that the discussion ends. The detached Brussels home is listed at €1,265,000, has been on the market for 85 days and requires updating. Similar properties are advertised at comparable levels, but recent completed transactions are too limited for me to place much weight on those asking figures.
My proposed opening is 13% under the list price. Financing is straightforward, and I can offer flexibility on completion. I would keep the explanation brief: the work required, the lack of strong valuation evidence and the price at which the risk makes sense for me.
Does that sound like a credible opening rather than an empty low bid? I also need to choose a reasonable response deadline and decide how firmly to retain inspection, financing and appraisal protection, particularly if a valuation creates a gap or the deposit is exposed.
My proposed opening is 13% under the list price. Financing is straightforward, and I can offer flexibility on completion. I would keep the explanation brief: the work required, the lack of strong valuation evidence and the price at which the risk makes sense for me.
Does that sound like a credible opening rather than an empty low bid? I also need to choose a reasonable response deadline and decide how firmly to retain inspection, financing and appraisal protection, particularly if a valuation creates a gap or the deposit is exposed.