We’re looking at an Atlanta retail unit listed for $1,170,000. It has been available for 68 days and needs updating. Asking-price comparables are close, but we cannot find enough completed sales to establish the likely clearing price.
We have one night to decide whether to open 13% below asking—about $1,017,900—with clean financing and flexibility on completion. How can we explain the figure without antagonising the seller? I’m also reluctant to waive inspection, financing or appraisal protection, particularly if repairs or an appraisal gap could put the deposit at risk. Are we overthinking this?
We have one night to decide whether to open 13% below asking—about $1,017,900—with clean financing and flexibility on completion. How can we explain the figure without antagonising the seller? I’m also reluctant to waive inspection, financing or appraisal protection, particularly if repairs or an appraisal gap could put the deposit at risk. Are we overthinking this?