Paying too much would leave no room for the updating or any issues found later, while pitching too low could end the conversation. The London serviced apartment is listed at £198,900 and has been on the market for 42 days. I am considering an opening offer near £173,000, about 13% under the asking figure.
I can support the offer with financing evidence and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing where possible. The attractive part is the apparent reduction, but my limit could change once I know the service charges, lease position, restrictions and likely repair costs. With few useful completed comparables available, should I present the offer as a condition-based figure and give the agent a clear response deadline? I would keep the usual survey, legal and mortgage protections.
I can support the offer with financing evidence and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing where possible. The attractive part is the apparent reduction, but my limit could change once I know the service charges, lease position, restrictions and likely repair costs. With few useful completed comparables available, should I present the offer as a condition-based figure and give the agent a clear response deadline? I would keep the usual survey, legal and mortgage protections.