I can see a case for opening near €690,000 so the seller takes the offer seriously, but I can also see why €600,300 may be a reasonable starting point after 115 days on the market and with work required. The difficulty is that nearby Helsinki listings do not tell me what comparable small multifamily buildings actually achieved.
I can show that the funding is credible and offer some flexibility over the completion date. I am not prepared to surrender the inspection or financing conditions merely because the agent mentions another buyer. Would you regard 13% below asking as supportable on the evidence available, and how much explanation should accompany it?
Price is only part of the risk. I also need to set a reply deadline, decide how to handle repairs first revealed by inspection and establish what appraisal gap, if any, I could fund. I would rather make those decisions now than while reacting to a counteroffer.
I can show that the funding is credible and offer some flexibility over the completion date. I am not prepared to surrender the inspection or financing conditions merely because the agent mentions another buyer. Would you regard 13% below asking as supportable on the evidence available, and how much explanation should accompany it?
Price is only part of the risk. I also need to set a reply deadline, decide how to handle repairs first revealed by inspection and establish what appraisal gap, if any, I could fund. I would rather make those decisions now than while reacting to a counteroffer.