The offer needs a response deadline, but I do not want a short fuse to undermine an otherwise straightforward proposal. The serviced apartment is listed at C$1,606,000, has been available for 75 days and needs visible updating.
I am considering C$1,573,880, which is 2% below asking, supported by financing evidence and flexibility over completion. There are similar active listings, yet too few confirmed transactions for me to judge the clearing price confidently. Would you keep the explanation brief—condition, limited sold evidence and preferred timing—or provide a fuller comparison?
I also need to decide which points belong in the initial offer. My inclination is to retain inspection and financing or appraisal protection, leave unknown defects for a later repair-credit discussion, and clarify when the deposit becomes exposed. What evidence would make you treat the 75 days as meaningful rather than just a listing-history quirk?
I am considering C$1,573,880, which is 2% below asking, supported by financing evidence and flexibility over completion. There are similar active listings, yet too few confirmed transactions for me to judge the clearing price confidently. Would you keep the explanation brief—condition, limited sold evidence and preferred timing—or provide a fuller comparison?
I also need to decide which points belong in the initial offer. My inclination is to retain inspection and financing or appraisal protection, leave unknown defects for a later repair-credit discussion, and clarify when the deposit becomes exposed. What evidence would make you treat the 75 days as meaningful rather than just a listing-history quirk?