Offering 3% below asking on a coastal home in Abu Dhabi — sensible or too aggressive?

LenaLee

First-time buyer
Established
I can open close to AED 2,202,000 and risk paying more than the evidence supports, or start lower and risk the seller dismissing me; neither option feels ideal. The Abu Dhabi coastal home has been listed for 95 days and requires updating, while the nearby listings do not tell me what comparable homes have actually achieved.

I am leaning toward AED 2,135,940, which is 3% under the asking price, backed by straightforward financing and some flexibility over completion. Would you present that as a simple reflection of condition and limited transaction evidence, without making the 95 days the centre of the argument?

I also want to preserve an inspection condition and avoid uncertain deposit exposure if the appraisal or financing falls short. Those protections matter more to me than winning a small additional reduction.
 
Three percent is not an aggressive opening in that context. Keep the explanation short: the offer reflects the updating required and the limited evidence from completed sales, while your financing proof and flexible completion make it straightforward.

I would include a clear response deadline, but not use it as a threat. Keep inspection protection and make any financing or appraisal condition precise. If defects emerge, discuss a repair credit then rather than estimating one now.
 
I’d be careful about leaning too heavily on the 95 days. It may indicate seller flexibility, but it could also mean the seller is content to wait. Has the agent said anything useful about motivation or a preferred completion date?

Also decide your position on an appraisal gap before offering. A seller may accept AED 2,135,940 yet expect the deposit to remain exposed if the valuation or financing falls short. The contract wording and local practice matter, so clarify when the deposit is refundable rather than assuming the financing condition covers every shortfall.
 
Back
Top