holdTheMeter
Property investor
I would like to open 3% below the asking price, but the lack of reliable completed comparables makes it difficult to justify the number cleanly. This is a coastal one-bedroom in Hong Kong listed at HK$2,886,000. It has been on the market for 86 days and requires some updating, although nearby listings are priced at broadly similar levels.
My thought is to pair the offer with financing proof, a clear response deadline and flexibility over completion. I do not want to bury it in minor conditions, but I do need protection if an inspection reveals costly problems or if financing or valuation fails. How would you frame that without exposing the deposit unnecessarily or making the seller defensive?
My thought is to pair the offer with financing proof, a clear response deadline and flexibility over completion. I do not want to bury it in minor conditions, but I do need protection if an inspection reveals costly problems or if financing or valuation fails. How would you frame that without exposing the deposit unnecessarily or making the seller defensive?