Part of me thinks a 3% reduction is modest for a serviced apartment needing updates; the other view is that 18 days is too soon to assume the seller will negotiate. The Austin property is listed at $1,240,000, and nearby listings support that level, but I have found too few completed sales to judge it confidently.
I am leaning toward opening 3% lower and making the rest of the offer straightforward, with financing proof and a completion date chosen around the seller’s priorities. Would condition and the limited sales evidence be enough explanation? I do not want to trade away inspection, financing or valuation protection merely to make the price more attractive, particularly if the deposit could be exposed.
I am leaning toward opening 3% lower and making the rest of the offer straightforward, with financing proof and a completion date chosen around the seller’s priorities. Would condition and the limited sales evidence be enough explanation? I do not want to trade away inspection, financing or valuation protection merely to make the price more attractive, particularly if the deposit could be exposed.