The seller is asking KES 182,500,000 after 23 days on the market, and I am hesitant to go in too low when the evidence from completed sales is limited. The serviced apartment also requires updating, so paying the full figure is difficult to justify.
I am considering KES 177,025,000, which is 3% below asking, with financing evidence and flexibility over completion. Would that come across as a credible opening position? I would keep the explanation focused on the available sales evidence and likely updating costs rather than criticising individual features.
I do not want to give up inspection, financing or valuation conditions. I am also unsure whether to request any repair credit now or wait for the inspection to identify actual defects. What response period would be firm enough to keep matters moving without making the offer look unnecessarily hostile?
I am considering KES 177,025,000, which is 3% below asking, with financing evidence and flexibility over completion. Would that come across as a credible opening position? I would keep the explanation focused on the available sales evidence and likely updating costs rather than criticising individual features.
I do not want to give up inspection, financing or valuation conditions. I am also unsure whether to request any repair credit now or wait for the inspection to identify actual defects. What response period would be firm enough to keep matters moving without making the offer look unnecessarily hostile?