A 4% reduction does not seem extreme on its face. My concern is supporting it with more than the fact that this Johannesburg townhouse has been listed for 33 days.
The asking price is ZAR 9,373,000, and the property needs some updating. Nearby listings sit at similar levels, but I still need completed-sale evidence to show what buyers have actually paid. Would financing proof and a completion date chosen around the seller’s needs make the offer meaningfully stronger?
I also want the written offer to be clear about its expiry and deposit treatment. I am not willing to lose essential inspection, financing or valuation protection merely to present it as clean, so which terms or supporting documents should be verified before submission?
The asking price is ZAR 9,373,000, and the property needs some updating. Nearby listings sit at similar levels, but I still need completed-sale evidence to show what buyers have actually paid. Would financing proof and a completion date chosen around the seller’s needs make the offer meaningfully stronger?
I also want the written offer to be clear about its expiry and deposit treatment. I am not willing to lose essential inspection, financing or valuation protection merely to present it as clean, so which terms or supporting documents should be verified before submission?