Getting the price wrong could leave me either covering an appraisal gap or losing a workable deal over a relatively small amount. The Atlanta villa is listed at $790,000, has spent 106 days on the market and will need updating, but I cannot find enough completed sales nearby to support a firm valuation.
I’m considering $758,400, which is 4% under asking, backed by proof of financing and flexibility over closing. Would it be better to justify that with a short note about the limited sold comparables and renovation budget, rather than criticising the property? I would keep inspection and financing protection. I’m less certain about the appraisal contingency, deposit exposure and how long a response deadline to give the seller.
I’m considering $758,400, which is 4% under asking, backed by proof of financing and flexibility over closing. Would it be better to justify that with a short note about the limited sold comparables and renovation budget, rather than criticising the property? I would keep inspection and financing protection. I’m less certain about the appraisal contingency, deposit exposure and how long a response deadline to give the seller.