The townhouse has now reached 36 days on the Johannesburg market, which raises a new question about how much weight to give that timing. It is listed at ZAR 17,110,000 and requires updating, while nearby advertised properties sit at broadly similar levels. Completed-sale evidence is thin.
I’m considering ZAR 16,254,500, or 5% under the asking price, with financing proof and flexibility over the completion date. Is that a reasonable opening position, or does the lack of evidence make the appraisal risk more important than the discount? I can justify the figure briefly through condition and comparables, but I would keep inspection and financing conditions. I also do not want the offer to commit me to covering an appraisal shortfall. What other terms should I protect?
I’m considering ZAR 16,254,500, or 5% under the asking price, with financing proof and flexibility over the completion date. Is that a reasonable opening position, or does the lack of evidence make the appraisal risk more important than the discount? I can justify the figure briefly through condition and comparables, but I would keep inspection and financing conditions. I also do not want the offer to commit me to covering an appraisal shortfall. What other terms should I protect?