One approach is to open close to asking and negotiate after inspection; the other is to reflect the visible condition in the first number. I am leaning towards the latter on a Lisbon mixed-use building listed for €1,086,000, but I do not want to count the same repairs twice.
It has been marketed for 43 days, and nearby listings support the general price level. What I lack is a useful set of completed sales showing what purchasers have actually paid. Would an opening offer 5% under asking be measured rather than provocative if it came with financing evidence and a flexible completion date?
I also need to decide which conditions cannot safely be softened. Inspection, finance, valuation and the circumstances in which the deposit is recoverable all seem important, particularly with mixed use.
It has been marketed for 43 days, and nearby listings support the general price level. What I lack is a useful set of completed sales showing what purchasers have actually paid. Would an opening offer 5% under asking be measured rather than provocative if it came with financing evidence and a flexible completion date?
I also need to decide which conditions cannot safely be softened. Inspection, finance, valuation and the circumstances in which the deposit is recoverable all seem important, particularly with mixed use.