fresh_trail
First-time buyer
The seller is asking €800,400, and I am hesitant to treat that figure as market value without stronger evidence from completed sales. The Amsterdam townhouse has been listed for 74 days, however, and the work it requires gives me some basis for negotiating.
My current plan is to start 5% lower, show that financing is available and let the seller choose a convenient completion date. I would keep the price explanation brief rather than produce a long list of faults.
What would change your view of that opening figure? For example, should I ask the agent for the completed sale that the seller relied on when setting the price? I also need to choose a response deadline that creates clarity without looking theatrical. Inspection and financing protection would remain, and before increasing the offer I would want to know how to handle repair credits, the deposit and any gap between the agreed price and the appraisal.
My current plan is to start 5% lower, show that financing is available and let the seller choose a convenient completion date. I would keep the price explanation brief rather than produce a long list of faults.
What would change your view of that opening figure? For example, should I ask the agent for the completed sale that the seller relied on when setting the price? I also need to choose a response deadline that creates clarity without looking theatrical. Inspection and financing protection would remain, and before increasing the offer I would want to know how to handle repair credits, the deposit and any gap between the agreed price and the appraisal.