The 102 days on the market first made a 6% discount seem straightforward, but the lack of dependable completed-sale evidence has made me less certain. The Johannesburg mixed-use building is listed at ZAR 5,187,000, and the work required is not yet clearly priced.
I’m considering supporting the offer with proof of finance and a completion timetable that suits the seller. Is that enough to make the figure look reasoned rather than arbitrary? I also want the contract to protect the deposit if finance, valuation or inspection conditions fail. Would you negotiate the visible work into the opening price, or wait for the inspection and request repair credits against specific findings?
I’m considering supporting the offer with proof of finance and a completion timetable that suits the seller. Is that enough to make the figure look reasoned rather than arbitrary? I also want the contract to protect the deposit if finance, valuation or inspection conditions fail. Would you negotiate the visible work into the opening price, or wait for the inspection and request repair credits against specific findings?