We have until tomorrow to decide, and the trade-off is between making a credible opening offer and protecting ourselves from an expensive surprise. The Milan townhouse is asking €496,800 after 10 days on the market. It needs updating, while the nearby evidence I can see consists mostly of asking prices rather than completed transactions.
I’m thinking of offering about €467,000, which is roughly 6% under asking, with proof of financing and some flexibility over completion. Would you justify that briefly by referring to the updating and thin comparable evidence, or simply submit the number? I’m reluctant to remove inspection, financing or valuation protection merely to make the offer look uncomplicated, particularly if the appraisal comes in below the agreed price.
I’m thinking of offering about €467,000, which is roughly 6% under asking, with proof of financing and some flexibility over completion. Would you justify that briefly by referring to the updating and thin comparable evidence, or simply submit the number? I’m reluctant to remove inspection, financing or valuation protection merely to make the offer look uncomplicated, particularly if the appraisal comes in below the agreed price.