Offering 6% below asking on a serviced apartment in Vienna — sensible or too aggressive?

I need to decide soon whether to bid on a serviced apartment in Vienna, and I am torn between making a credible first move and giving away too much room. It is listed at €506,000, has been available for 17 days and would need some updating.

I am considering starting 6% under the list price. I can show that financing is in place and accommodate the seller on completion timing, but I do not know much about their reason for selling. There are comparable properties advertised nearby, although the evidence from actual transactions is thin.

Would you ask about the seller’s priorities before putting the number forward, or send the offer with a short explanation of the work required? I would prefer to leave repair credits until after an inspection and keep both inspection and financing protection. I am also concerned about how much of my deposit could be at risk if the appraisal is below the agreed price.

How would you make the lower price attractive without surrendering protections that would be difficult to recover later?
 
Back
Top