Getting the opening terms wrong could either cost us the villa or leave us paying too much for a property that still needs work. The Tokyo asking price is ¥72,680,000, and the listing has apparently been available for 104 days. Similar nearby properties are advertised at comparable levels, although the completed transactions I can find are too limited to show where buyers are actually agreeing.
We are considering starting 6% below the ask, supported by financing evidence and flexibility over completion. I would explain the reduction through the updating required rather than accuse the seller of overpricing, and include a clear response deadline.
The part I do not want to trade away is protection if the inspection, financing, or appraisal reveals a problem. Nor do I want too much of the deposit exposed. Does that sound like a balanced package, or is there another term that would matter more to the seller?
We are considering starting 6% below the ask, supported by financing evidence and flexibility over completion. I would explain the reduction through the updating required rather than accuse the seller of overpricing, and include a clear response deadline.
The part I do not want to trade away is protection if the inspection, financing, or appraisal reveals a problem. Nor do I want too much of the deposit exposed. Does that sound like a balanced package, or is there another term that would matter more to the seller?