We have checked the $845,000 asking price against nearby listings and confirmed that the new-build flat has been marketed for 96 days. What remains unclear is why it still needs updating and what buyers have actually paid for comparable units.
We are considering an opening offer 7% lower, supported by financing evidence and flexibility on the completion date. I would keep the explanation brief and factual, but I do not know whether the marketing period gives us much leverage without reliable closed-sale evidence.
The response is due tomorrow, so I also want to avoid weakening the offer terms simply because time is short. Which protections would you retain for inspection, financing and a low appraisal, and what document or seller response would help distinguish cosmetic changes from unfinished work or defects?
We are considering an opening offer 7% lower, supported by financing evidence and flexibility on the completion date. I would keep the explanation brief and factual, but I do not know whether the marketing period gives us much leverage without reliable closed-sale evidence.
The response is due tomorrow, so I also want to avoid weakening the offer terms simply because time is short. Which protections would you retain for inspection, financing and a low appraisal, and what document or seller response would help distinguish cosmetic changes from unfinished work or defects?