Offering 7% below asking on an Auckland warehouse — sensible or too aggressive?

I need to settle my offer terms shortly, and the trade-off is between making a credible approach now and waiting for better sales evidence. The Auckland warehouse is listed at NZ$1,914,000, has been marketed for 12 days and requires updating.

I am considering an opening offer 7% under the listed figure. I can provide financing evidence and be flexible about completion, but the active listings nearby do not tell me what comparable warehouses have actually sold for. I would rather explain the number through the limited completed data and likely work than make an unsupported low bid.

Would 12 days on the market make that approach premature? I also need to choose a response period and would like to know what questions might reveal the seller’s priorities. For example, if an inspection identifies one major item, is it cleaner to request a credit for that work instead of cutting the opening price again? I do not plan to remove inspection or financing protection, particularly while the valuation and possible appraisal shortfall remain uncertain.
 
Back
Top