rowan_birch
First-time buyer
If I misjudge this offer, I could either lose the warehouse over a gap the seller might have accepted or take on a property whose value and updating costs are not sufficiently supported.
It is a Los Angeles warehouse listed at $990,000 and still available after 100 days. Other listings provide some context, but the completed-sale evidence I have found is too thin to justify treating their prices as market value.
An opening figure of $861,300 would put me 13% under the asking price. I could support it with proof of financing and offer flexibility on closing, but I would keep inspection, financing and appraisal protection rather than make the bid superficially cleaner. Is it better to explain the amount through the limited sales evidence and specific updating work, or first ask what the seller values most—speed, certainty or price—before deciding whether that figure is worth submitting?
It is a Los Angeles warehouse listed at $990,000 and still available after 100 days. Other listings provide some context, but the completed-sale evidence I have found is too thin to justify treating their prices as market value.
An opening figure of $861,300 would put me 13% under the asking price. I could support it with proof of financing and offer flexibility on closing, but I would keep inspection, financing and appraisal protection rather than make the bid superficially cleaner. Is it better to explain the amount through the limited sales evidence and specific updating work, or first ask what the seller values most—speed, certainty or price—before deciding whether that figure is worth submitting?