Oslo new-build: what belongs in a listing photography quote?

Some quotes described as photography also include negotiation and document coordination. That makes the provider difficult to compare, because I cannot tell whether I am paying for images, a referral or support through the transaction.

The property is a five-bedroom new-build flat in Oslo at about NOK 7,811,000. For the photography itself, should the written quote specify which rooms are covered, the number and format of edited images, delivery date, revisions, usage rights and additional charges? I would also want confirmation that all five bedrooms are included rather than leaving the final selection entirely to the photographer.

If offer-to-closing help is bundled in, I think it needs a separate scope and fee. It should name the responsible contact, expected response times, handover points and the record kept for documents. An all-in service sounds convenient, but that changes quickly if an urgent query arrives and no one is clearly accountable.
 
I would separate the photography contract from the transaction service. A useful photography quote should spell out what will be photographed, the number and format of edited images, turnaround time, revision terms, usage rights, and every extra charge. Negotiation and closing coordination are different work. If one company bundles them, it should identify the responsible person and fee for each stage in writing.
 
One missing fact: is this a completed flat being resold, an owner selling independently, or a purchase still being handled by the developer? That changes who can provide access, approve images and manage the offer-to-closing trail. Also ask whether “five bedroom” means every room gets a finished image, rather than the provider choosing a smaller set after the shoot.
 
I’d be cautious about expecting the photographer to remain accountable through closing. That may sound convenient, but photography and transaction handling require very different deliverables. A genuinely broader firm can coordinate both, but the contract—not the service label—needs to say so. For evidence, request a complete recent gallery from a comparable Oslo flat, not just selected portfolio images.
 
The Oslo-specific practical issue is planning around access, daylight, weather and shared areas. The quote should say what happens if exterior shots cannot be completed on the booked day and whether another visit costs extra. I would also clarify who supplies or verifies the floor plan, and how photographs are distinguished from any developer renderings. Neither should be left vague.
 
Send every provider the same short request and give them a response deadline. Ask for: itemised scope and total payable fee; shoot date; delivery date; reshoot or correction terms; image usage; named contact; and the exact point where their responsibility ends. Then ask who handles offers, document coordination and closing if they do not. Your fallback can be separate photography and transaction providers, with responsibilities divided in writing.
 
One addition to Laura’s list: require a handover process if two providers are involved. Someone should confirm which images, floor plan version and property details were delivered, when they were delivered, and who approved publication. That creates a usable document trail without pretending the photographer controls the sale. I would favour the clearest written scope over the fastest initial reply.
 
Back
Top