I would appreciate a second opinion on an Oslo small multifamily. Comparable asking rent appears to be around NOK 46,330, while the current rent is about NOK 43,440. The tenant pays reliably and takes good care of the home.
The full gap is tempting, but turnover could mean vacancy, refurbishment and reletting costs. My ownership costs, including property tax, matter to me, but I do not want to use them as a substitute for a fair rent assessment. Self-management also became harder after I moved farther away.
Would you make a modest adjustment, leave the rent alone for retention, or aim closer to the asking level? I also want to confirm the correct Norwegian notice route before discussing any figure.
The full gap is tempting, but turnover could mean vacancy, refurbishment and reletting costs. My ownership costs, including property tax, matter to me, but I do not want to use them as a substitute for a fair rent assessment. Self-management also became harder after I moved farther away.
Would you make a modest adjustment, leave the rent alone for retention, or aim closer to the asking level? I also want to confirm the correct Norwegian notice route before discussing any figure.