I’m assessing a 1-bed villa in Paris at €869,400, with expected rent of €3,258/month. That gives a headline gross yield of roughly 4.5%.
The building appears sound, but the lease length and resulting tenant turnover could materially change the outcome. My conservative model includes vacancy, management, routine maintenance and a reserve for one larger repair in a bad year. I’m comparing it unlevered first, then testing financing separately.
Which local ownership cost am I most likely to be underestimating—property tax, insurance, management extras or something else? And what net yield would make this risk worthwhile to you?
The building appears sound, but the lease length and resulting tenant turnover could materially change the outcome. My conservative model includes vacancy, management, routine maintenance and a reserve for one larger repair in a bad year. I’m comparing it unlevered first, then testing financing separately.
Which local ownership cost am I most likely to be underestimating—property tax, insurance, management extras or something else? And what net yield would make this risk worthwhile to you?