Paris monthly property snapshot — February 2026

neat_canvas

Homeowner
I’m assembling a February 2026 snapshot for small multifamily properties in Paris. The current indications are 51 days on market, asking-price movement of +1.4%, and visible financing sensitivity around €680,800.

The decision is whether these figures are strong enough to describe a market direction or should remain a provisional pulse. They are not an official index. Completed-sale evidence, inventory changes, neighbourhood splits, sample definitions and dated source links would all help. Clearly labelled on-the-ground observations are welcome too, and I’ll revise the summary when supportable information is added.
 
I would keep it provisional. The +1.4% is difficult to interpret until we know whether it means movement in new asking prices, changes to existing listings, or a comparison with January. The sample size and revision date matter as well. Without those, a change in the mix of properties could look like appreciation.
 
How is “small multifamily” being defined here? Whole buildings and individual units within small buildings should not be pooled. I’d also clarify when the 51-day clock starts and stops: first advertisement to accepted offer, removal, or completed sale. Those choices could materially change the figure.
 
I’m less convinced by the financing-sensitivity conclusion. Activity around €680,800 might reflect the sample’s price-band mix rather than a financing threshold. A simple distribution above and below that level, plus the number of listings in each band, would make the observation more persuasive.
 
A compact monthly table would solve much of this: observation month, arrondissement or broader neighbourhood, asking-price band, property subtype, listing date, status date, and whether the record is asking or completed-sale evidence. Keep inventory additions, removals and price reductions separate. Add a revision date so later corrections do not silently alter February’s snapshot.
 
That table is useful, although I would avoid forcing incomplete completed-sale records into the same monthly view. The asking-market section can describe February activity, while completed sales can sit in a separate section with their own relevant dates. Otherwise readers may assume both sets measure the same period. Even a price-band count would address my concern about €680,800.
 
Agreed on separating asking and completed evidence, but the definitions should still be shared across both sections wherever possible. I’d publish the current three figures with a visible “provisional” label, then add the sample definition, neighbourhood and property-type splits, inventory movement, source links and last-revised date. Until that is done, 51 days and +1.4% are useful observations, not a Paris-wide trend.
 
Back
Top