The main constraint is getting asking and completed-sale records onto the same timeline. My Phoenix sample is mostly detached homes priced from $212,000 to $318,000, and the typical listing has been visible for 33 days, but that may not represent its full marketing history.
I initially wondered whether property tax explained why one home sells while a seemingly similar one lingers. I now suspect condition, financing, a neighbourhood boundary or seller motivation may be doing more of the work. The timing of price cuts could be important too: a reduction after a week may signal something different from one after two months.
How would you treat properties that are withdrawn and relisted, and which recent completed sales would you regard as genuinely comparable? I am trying to separate those effects before drawing anything from the 33-day figure.
I initially wondered whether property tax explained why one home sells while a seemingly similar one lingers. I now suspect condition, financing, a neighbourhood boundary or seller motivation may be doing more of the work. The timing of price cuts could be important too: a reduction after a week may signal something different from one after two months.
How would you treat properties that are withdrawn and relisted, and which recent completed sales would you regard as genuinely comparable? I am trying to separate those effects before drawing anything from the 33-day figure.