Either these Phoenix mixed-use listings have useful negotiating room, or they are lingering because buyers see costs and risks that the asking prices ignore. Neither explanation is comfortable without better evidence. The sample runs from $516,000 to $774,000, with a typical visible period of 114 days; renovated properties appear to move sooner, while dated stock often receives cuts.
I want to separate genuine market resistance from stale or repeatedly refreshed listings. New-listing volume and consistent neighbourhood boundaries could materially change the 114-day picture. Seller motivation may matter as much as condition if one owner can wait and another values a quick, reliable closing.
Has anyone compared completed transactions, withdrawals and relistings at street level? I’m particularly interested in whether recurring charges, occupancy costs or deferred work explain the discounts.
I want to separate genuine market resistance from stale or repeatedly refreshed listings. New-listing volume and consistent neighbourhood boundaries could materially change the 114-day picture. Seller motivation may matter as much as condition if one owner can wait and another values a quick, reliable closing.
Has anyone compared completed transactions, withdrawals and relistings at street level? I’m particularly interested in whether recurring charges, occupancy costs or deferred work explain the discounts.