Phoenix property manager Q&A: transaction surprises and unclear responsibilities

anika_vale

Real estate agent
Established
Buyers often expect one professional to coordinate the entire Phoenix transaction, and I hesitate when that expectation has never been agreed. The person holding an association document, for example, may not be the person responsible for tracking the lender’s deadline.

Use this thread for practical questions about property transactions, stating the jurisdiction and property type so the process is clear. I can answer from the property-management side and explain how I see responsibilities divided. Where a question turns on legal, lending, tax or another regulated area, I will identify that boundary rather than present it as management advice. Local professionals can add how their own process handles the handoff.
 
Phoenix, Arizona, and a condo. With a financed purchase, who should coordinate documents that the lender may need—the buyer, seller, property manager or association? I’m less concerned about the normal loan approval period than discovering late that everyone thought someone else had requested an item.
 
I would separate “who supplies it” from “who tracks it.” The lender should identify what it requires and by when, but the relevant document might sit with the seller, association or an authorized manager. The buyer’s side still needs someone tracking requests and deadlines.

Is this a resale or new-build condo, and are there already contractual dates? Those details change what can realistically be chased or renegotiated.
 
Florida, single-family property. A related issue: what if the person giving pricing input also hopes to obtain the ongoing management work? Even if the suggested price is well supported, shouldn’t that possible conflict be disclosed before the owner relies on the recommendation?
 
Yes, disclosure matters, but I’d add another caveat: knowledge of local rents and operating costs does not automatically make someone’s sale-price opinion sufficient. Ask what comparable properties were used, how recent and similar they are, and whether condition or concessions affect the comparison. Then consider the management incentive separately rather than assuming it invalidates every number.
 
For the Phoenix condo question, make a simple responsibility list with four columns: required item, who requested it, who can provide it and due date. Ask the lender to name the documents rather than saying “association paperwork,” then confirm who is actually authorized to release each one. Any consequence of missing a contractual deadline should be discussed with the appropriate local professional before assuming an extension will be available.
 
That distinction helps. I wasn’t suggesting the pricing input must be wrong, only that the owner should know about the potential management engagement while assessing it. I’d want the comparables and assumptions in writing, plus a clear disclosure of who may benefit from the recommended decision. That makes it easier to seek an independent comparison if the figures look unusually optimistic or conservative.
 
Back
Top