Polished demos, but will the audit trail survive a real handoff?

reed.lucky

Real estate agent
A polished demonstration lost much of its appeal when I saw staff entering the same property information again by hand. The system displayed enquiries, documents, viewings and transaction stages, but it did not make the eventual handoff any easier to follow.

That makes me doubtful of integrations judged mainly by how many screens they connect. I would rather identify one that removes a verifiable step, such as importing listing details into the main record or attaching documents without duplicate entry. International sold-price information could be useful too, provided its source, coverage and corrections remain traceable.

Which connection has actually reduced work in practice? Mobile usability and permissions also matter, but I would want a clear audit history showing who altered each record before treating either as a benefit.
 
Listing import into the main record is the first integration I’d examine. If address, property details, contacts and viewing notes flow through without retyping, the saving can be measured from entry to completed handoff. A dashboard that only displays those fields while staff still update the original systems is just another stopping point.
 
How are you defining “across more than one country”? One interface is not necessarily one consistent dataset. Sold-price history can differ in coverage, update timing and permitted use between jurisdictions. I would ask vendors to identify where each field originates and what happens when a record is corrected, merged or unavailable.
 
With a short trial approaching, I can see why listing import looks like the quickest win. It removes repetitive typing and is easy to count. The harder risk is document control: a fast import does not help if someone later relies on an obsolete file and cannot see what was revised.

Import settings can usually be adjusted after testing, whereas a poor handoff may already have caused the wrong action. I would test one revised document through several user roles, including on mobile, and check whether the system records each change clearly. That would show whether the permissions and audit trail support the workflow rather than merely filling more fields.
 
A short trial could cover both points. Choose one property and run it from lead capture through viewing updates and revised documents. Count every manual re-entry, record where context is lost, and repeat key tasks on mobile. Then disable a user’s access and correct one imported field to see whether permissions and audit history behave clearly. That should expose whether the product is an integration layer or simply another dashboard.
 
Back
Top