Porto duplexes: is 78 days being skewed by active listings?

yard.steady

Homeowner
Established
I’m looking at Porto duplexes priced from €334,900 to €502,300, and my sample suggests roughly 78 days to find a buyer. Most of the slower outliers appear to be vacant properties. Is that a meaningful shift this month, or is the sample distorted because it mainly captures listings still online? I’d be interested in whether recent completed sales, withdrawals and price reductions tell a different story.
 
Active listings will naturally overrepresent the homes taking longer, so I wouldn’t treat 78 days as a market-wide figure without the completed and withdrawn stock. Also, does “days” start from the original listing or the latest relisting? That could materially change the result.
 
I’m not convinced vacancy itself explains the outliers. It may be standing in for condition, unrealistic pricing or a seller who is under no pressure to agree a deal. How tightly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries? Combining different parts of Porto could make a small duplex sample look more consistent than it is.
 
I’d split the sample into completed, still active and withdrawn listings, then note the date of the first price cut for each. Compare similar condition and location rather than price band alone. New-listing volume matters too: 78 days looks different if buyers suddenly have more choice. For completed deals, separate time to secure a buyer from any later delay caused by financing or completion.
 
Back
Top