Porto inventory changed in July 2026 — seasonality or buyer selectivity?

bright_ember

Property investor
I’m tracking Porto listings and the mix seemed to change in July 2026. Well-presented townhouses appear to be moving in roughly 31 days, while properties needing work remain available longer.

What I cannot reconcile is asking prices against completed deals: the visible difference is close to 3.7%. Is that seasonal noise, a change in inventory, or evidence that buyers are becoming more selective? Completed transactions and direct neighbourhood observations would be especially useful; citywide headlines tend to blur important local differences.
 
I’d be cautious about interpreting the 3.7% as a negotiation gap unless the asking and sold figures refer to the same homes. Completed deals can also reflect decisions made before July, whereas listings show the market in real time. How large is your sample, and does “31 days” mean until removal, reservation, or completion? Transaction volume would help distinguish a genuine shift from a small number of quick sales.
 
I’m not convinced buyer selectivity is the main explanation yet. If July brought more renovation properties onto the market, the inventory mix alone could produce exactly this pattern.

Keep weekly snapshots of initial and current asking prices, relistings and status changes, then divide them by neighbourhood and condition. Compare matched listings with their eventual completed prices where possible. A few months of that history should show whether the 3.7% persists or disappears as seasonal noise.
 
Back
Top