There is very little rental income available to cover an error. This five-bedroom Porto condo is priced at €289,800, while expected total rent is only €739 per month: €8,868 annually, or roughly 3.1% gross.
I can vary the allowance for management and routine maintenance later, but the purchase price and any building obligations are much harder to escape. My model includes vacancies, agent costs, upkeep and a possible major repair, and it does not rely on appreciation. Even then, one substantial building expense could remove most of the return.
Before judging the deal, I need to confirm whether €739 comes from an existing tenancy or is merely an asking-rent estimate. After that, which costs would you examine first: condominium fees and special contributions, insurance, property tax, management, or another Porto ownership expense? I am mainly trying to establish credible net cash flow rather than refine the gross yield.
I can vary the allowance for management and routine maintenance later, but the purchase price and any building obligations are much harder to escape. My model includes vacancies, agent costs, upkeep and a possible major repair, and it does not rely on appreciation. Even then, one substantial building expense could remove most of the return.
Before judging the deal, I need to confirm whether €739 comes from an existing tenancy or is merely an asking-rent estimate. After that, which costs would you examine first: condominium fees and special contributions, insurance, property tax, management, or another Porto ownership expense? I am mainly trying to establish credible net cash flow rather than refine the gross yield.