Price high first, or launch near the likely sale price for a Delhi detached home?

DeepLane

Real estate agent
I’m choosing between two quite different agent valuations for a detached home in Delhi. The higher proposed asking price is tempting, but comparable listings that launched ambitiously appear to have sat for roughly 63 days before being reduced. I’m concerned that testing the higher figure could waste the strongest first-week interest rather than protect the final result.

For anyone comparing the two strategies, which evidence would you trust most: recent completed sales, current new-listing volume, withdrawn stock, or how quickly price cuts happened? I’m also trying to separate genuine comparables by neighbourhood boundary and property condition, and to understand whether buyer financing, seller motivation, or any property-tax issue could explain the agents’ gap.

I’d especially value completed outcomes rather than pricing promises: initial asking price, timing of any reduction, time to agreement, and final sale price. If your experience is outside India, please mention the market and the rule or practice that makes the answer different.
 
Back
Top