Property management would erase most of the cash flow—am I overthinking this villa?

kian_roofs

Landlord
Established
I may move away from Warsaw and would not be able to respond quickly to issues at my villa there. Local managers are quoting about 7% of rent, plus letting and maintenance-coordination fees. After that, the monthly surplus looks close to zero.

For remote owners, is management still worthwhile because it protects the property and reduces disruption, or does such a thin margin make selling the cleaner choice? I’m especially interested in the downside: vacancy, tenant turnover, maintenance reserves, insurance, property tax and financing sensitivity—not reassurance about Warsaw.
 
The 7% alone is not the deciding figure; model the full year, including one vacant period, letting charges, routine repairs and one larger maintenance bill. Then test higher financing costs if applicable. If the villa turns negative under an ordinary turnover scenario, management is exposing an already-thin investment rather than causing the problem.

Before selling, ask each manager for an itemised fee schedule and clarify whether maintenance coordination is capped or charged per incident. Also compare the net rental return with what you could reasonably do with the sale proceeds.
 
Back
Top