PropertyGuru for a villa search around Madrid: useful reach, messy comparisons

GoodBook

Mortgage adviser
Verified Pro
I used PropertyGuru while searching for a villa around Madrid. The coverage was useful and accessibility was its strongest point, but duplicate listings, stale availability and inconsistent floor-area data made comparisons harder than expected.

I’m deciding whether to keep using it as my main search tool or treat it only as a way to discover properties. The biggest gaps for me were listing freshness and clarity about what happens after contacting an advertiser. How did the mobile filters and follow-up process compare for others?
 
With those issues, I’d use it for discovery rather than as the master record for your shortlist. Before discarding apparent duplicates, compare photos, price, approximate map pin and floor area; separate advertisers may describe the same villa differently. On the area problem, were listings unclear about what the figure represented, or were you seeing genuinely different figures for what looked like the same property?
 
Mostly different figures on listings that appeared to show the same villa, without enough clarity to reconcile them. That also made the map pin less helpful because I couldn’t always tell whether I was looking at a duplicate or a nearby alternative.

I’m now leaning toward keeping a small manual shortlist with the date first seen, last contact and the area stated by each advertiser. I’d still like saved-search alerts, but only if they don’t repeatedly surface the same entries.
 
I can see why easy access and saved alerts are appealing, but they lose much of their value when old or duplicate adverts keep returning. Your manual shortlist is a good way around that rather than abandoning the portal entirely.

I’d add the price history, stated floor area and approximate map pin for each apparent match. A changed pin or price does not prove it is a different villa, so photos and confirmation from the advertiser still matter. Before arranging a viewing, ask whether it remains available, where it is actually located and whether the area figure is internal, built or plot space. Broad mobile filters can find candidates; the manual record can handle the reliable comparison.
 
Your manual list sounds sensible. I’d add the advertised price and a photo-based duplicate note, since titles and pins can change while the property remains the same. On mobile, keep the initial filters broad enough not to lose plausible villas, then do the detailed comparison outside the portal. If an alert produces a duplicate, record which advert is newer rather than treating both as separate options.
 
Back
Top