REALTOR.ca for an Abu Dhabi townhouse search: useful history, unclear freshness

pia_lending

Real estate agent
I wanted REALTOR.ca to give me a clean shortlist of Abu Dhabi townhouses, but I kept finding what looked like the same unit more than once, uncertain availability and floor areas that were not clearly defined. The sold-price history was still useful for judging the asking prices.

My current rule is that if two entries share photos and reference details, I treat them as duplicates; if they only resemble each other, I keep both until the advertiser confirms the unit and the basis of the area measurement. Are saved-search alerts prompt enough to catch genuine new stock, and do the mobile filters help separate duplicates? I’d also like to know whether advertisers generally confirm availability and floor area after an enquiry.
 
If freshness is uncertain, I would treat the portal as a discovery tool rather than a reliable shortlist. After contacting an advertiser, ask whether the specific townhouse is still available and have them confirm the floor area in writing. Did the duplicates have identical photos and reference details, or were they merely similar units in the same development?
 
The floor-area discrepancy needs unpacking before blaming the listings. One entry may be showing internal space while another uses a broader area, so matching numbers without knowing what they represent can mislead. I would also check whether map pins identify the actual unit, the development entrance or just a general neighbourhood. Which level of location detail were you seeing?
 
Agreed on clarifying area definitions, but repeated photos and descriptions would still suggest a duplicate-control problem even if the reference numbers differ. Multiple advertisers may also be promoting the same townhouse, so deduplication is not always straightforward. On mobile, I would prioritise filters that remain applied after switching between the map and results; otherwise a large shortlist becomes difficult to audit.
 
A practical workaround is to keep a small comparison table outside the portal: URL, advertised status, contact date, confirmed availability, stated floor area, what that area includes, map location and any repeated photos. Save-search alerts are only useful if you can distinguish a genuinely new townhouse from a relisted or duplicated one. I would also note the date of each sold-price record rather than treating the displayed history as automatically comparable.
 
One more caveat: before relying heavily on the sold-price history, confirm that those records relate to the same Abu Dhabi market, property type and area basis as the townhouse being considered. A convenient history panel can still create a false comparison if the underlying records are not like-for-like. The advertiser’s response quality matters too: a clear reply about availability, area and viewing steps is more useful than a fast but generic answer.
 
Back
Top