Getting this decision wrong could mean losing a reliable tenant for rent that never materialises. The detached Manila home currently brings in about PHP 463,000 for the stated rental period, while comparable listings are around PHP 550,500.
The tenant has a strong payment record, takes care of the home and raises repair issues promptly. I can see the attraction of closing the gap, but vacancy, refurbishment and reletting could consume much of the extra income. I am leaning toward a moderate renewal increase rather than aiming immediately for the advertised level.
Before choosing an amount, I need to confirm whether the comparisons use the same rental period, whether they are agreed rents or listings, and what the lease says about reviews and notice. I also want deposit handling kept separate and dealt with under the applicable terms and local requirements.
The tenant has a strong payment record, takes care of the home and raises repair issues promptly. I can see the attraction of closing the gap, but vacancy, refurbishment and reletting could consume much of the extra income. I am leaning toward a moderate renewal increase rather than aiming immediately for the advertised level.
Before choosing an amount, I need to confirm whether the comparisons use the same rental period, whether they are agreed rents or listings, and what the lease says about reviews and notice. I also want deposit handling kept separate and dealt with under the applicable terms and local requirements.