I have priced the visible work, but the unknowns are still too loosely defined. The working total is €81,320 for a 240 m² one-bedroom apartment in Athens, including kitchen and bathroom work, new finishes, electrical inspection and some energy improvements. There is no added floor area in the plan.
Contractors are making different assumptions about what is included, so their totals are not directly comparable. Before fixing the reserve, I want to understand whether moisture, previous alterations or opening up floors and walls could lead to structural or service work. What would you ask the surveyor to inspect, and how large a contingency would you retain until those risks and the work sequence are clearer?
Contractors are making different assumptions about what is included, so their totals are not directly comparable. Before fixing the reserve, I want to understand whether moisture, previous alterations or opening up floors and walls could lead to structural or service work. What would you ask the surveyor to inspect, and how large a contingency would you retain until those risks and the work sequence are clearer?